Here are our immune-supporting supplements that have our stamp of approval:
- VITAMIN C: (Cataplex A-C) Vitamin C is well-known for its immune-boosting properties. It helps support the body’s natural defenses and reduce the severity and duration of colds and other infections. Cataplex A-C, specifically contains Echinacea and vitamins A & C, which helps maintain healthy mucous membranes and supports a healthy immune system response & function.
- Vitamin D: (Cataplex D) Vitamin D plays a crucial role in immune function. It is often recommended, especially in regions with limited sunlight exposure (the Midwest), as it helps regulate the immune response and reduce the risk of infections. Cataplex D, specifically encourages healthy calcium absorption from the intestinal tract into the blood, supports and maintains healthy bone density and provides vitamin D, which is needed by almost every cell in the body for development and transcription!
- Zinc: (Zinc Chelate) Zinc is essential for immune cell function and is involved in numerous immune processes. It’s often taken as a supplement to support immune health, especially during cold and flu seasons. This configuration of Zinc specifically supports a healthy immune system and promotes the healthy creation of new cells by Promoting protein synthesis. It also Supports skin health and male hormonal health! Quite the punch!
- Echinacea: (Echinacea Premium) Echinacea is an herbal remedy that stimulates the immune system and helps prevent or reduce the severity of colds and respiratory infections. This premium blend combines the roots of Echinacea angustifolia and Echinacea purpurea to enhance healthy immune system function, support upper respiratory tract health and Help relieve temporary mild throat discomfort associated with hoarseness, dry throat and irritants (so also great for those with allergies!)
- Probiotics: (ProSynbiotic) Probiotics contain beneficial bacteria that can help support a healthy gut microbiome. A healthy gut is linked to a stronger immune system, so some people take probiotic supplements to boost their immunity. There are a multitude of probiotics on the market, ProSynbiotic is a synergistic blend of four research-supported probiotic strains (Contains research-supported strains of lactic acid bacteria with Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5®, Lactobacillus paracasei L. casei 431®, Bifidobacterium BB-12®.) and two prebiotic fibers (Contains inulin and galactooligosaccharide (nondigestible carbohydrates), both of which are used by probiotic bacteria as food) to support gut flora and overall intestinal health. Not all products make the cut – this one also helps support the body’s natural absorption of calcium and magnesium, improves nutrient digestion and absorption and supports normal bowel regularity and consistency.
- Elderberry: (Children’s Immune) Elderberry is another herbal remedy that is thought to have immune-boosting properties. It’s often used to help reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms. Children’s Immune Supports the immune system. It Contains prebiotic 2’-FL and bovine colostrum and is made from whole food-based ingredients. It draws its tasty flavor from organic ingredients: elderberry and whole strawberry and also packs a punch as it Is an excellent source of vitamin D, zinc, and antioxidant vitamin C!
- ASTRAGALUS: (Astragalus Complex) Astragalus is an herb used in traditional Chinese medicine and enhances the immune system’s function. Astragalus Complex contains Astragalus, Echinacea purpurea root and Eleuthero to provide adaptogenic immune system support.
- Garlic: Garlic has natural antibacterial and antiviral properties which helps support immune health. Some people take garlic supplements to reduce the risk of infections. Garlic is traditionally used in herbal preparations to support healthy mucus function within the respiratory tract. This blend influences the health of multiple organ systems, encourages healthy circulation, supports healthy liver function and provides ingredients with antioxidant activity – all while boosting that immune system!
- Turmeric and Curcumin: (Turmeric Forte) Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It helps support the immune system by reducing inflammation in the body. Turmeric Forte contains a bioavailable form of Turmeric rhizome and Fenugreek seed to support a healthy inflammatory response. Together these herbs and their constituents support a healthy inflammatory response, maintain and support healthy joints, support healthy liver function and healthy digestion and provide antioxidant activity! Definitely one to keep on hand! Also be sure to check out Vitanox!
- Immuplex and Congaplex: Immuplex is a daily supplement supporting a healthy immune system response through a blend of essential micronutrients & minerals, & contains specialized extracts. It helps maintain normal white blood cell activity already within a normal range and is an excellent source of zinc, iron, copper, chromium, folate and vitamins A, B6, and B12 and antioxidant vitamins C and E & a Good source of selenium! Congaplex: Supports a healthy immune system function by Supporting the thymus gland. It Contains ribonucleic acid, which the body uses for protein synthesis and Contains a combination of key ingredients from Cataplex® A-C, Thymex®, Calcium Lactate®, and Ribonucleic Acid (RNA). PLUS it is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin A! I always have both on hand!
Please note that while these supplements are commonly used for immune support, their efficacy can vary, but you many notice improvements in the rest of your body as well! High-quality products that work the way nature intended allows the uptake in our bodies that much easier! The great majority of the raw plant ingredients used in Standard Processes products are grown on their certified organic farm. We’ve been there personally – hence our Stamp of Approval!
It’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider – a nutritionally certified family chiropractor is a good start, before adding any supplements to your daily routine, as they can interact with medications or have side effects, and individual needs can differ. Many people, even neighbors may offer suggestions, advice and supplements as part of a holistic wellness approach, but their recommendations should be based on your specific health needs and goals. Not all products are created equal and some companies and “downlines” make good money on your not knowing and need for a quick fix.
Start with these 10 well known supplements and herbs and you should be able to bolster a good immune response for that icky time of year!