Wi-Fi uses 2.45 GHz as the carrier wave for data/information . Wi-Fi is pulsed and can be a very irregular signal with high peaks. Wi-Fi also has a continuous 10 times per second (10 Hz) beacon signal. There is a body of research on 10 Hz as it is known to be the optimal frequency for impacting human brainwaves. Some scientists contend that these aspects make Wi-Fi far more biologically active.
Wireless radiation penetrates deeper into children’s brains due to their thinner skulls and unique physiology. Children’s brains and immune systems are still developing, therefore they are more vulnerable to the effects. (Environmental Health Trust.org)
Where can I find medical and public health recommendations about wireless and cell phones?
Physician groups such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Vienna Medical Association, and the Athens Medical Association are among the many international medical organizations that have issued recommendations to the public to reduce exposure to cell phone radiation.
Countries such as France, Cyprus, and Israel have banned wireless in young children’s classrooms as their public health authorities recommend reducing children’s exposure to RF. NOTE: not the U.S.
We strongly recommended wired connections for technology in classrooms to eliminate unnecessary wireless radiation exposures. When wired is not an option – then Proper protection is an absolute necessity!
All Wi-Fi routers have fine print warnings that state people should be at least 20 cm from the device:
- “RF Exposure: This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 32 cm between the radiator & your body.” – Verizon, TP LINK, Xfinity, Netgear
- THE COLLABORATIVE FOR HIGH-PERFORMANCE SCHOOLS LOW EMF CRITERIA:
- Install a wired local area network (LAN) for Internet access throughout the school.
- Provide wired network connections for desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, and tablets.
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, and tablets operated on a desk, not laps.
- All wireless transmitters shall be disabled on all Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- Install easily accessible hard-wired phones for teacher and student use.
- Prohibit the use of standard DECT cordless phones operating at 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz
- Prohibit the use of cell phones and other personal electronic devices in instructional areas/classrooms.
- Measure magnetic field levels to comply with 1 mG in new construction and 2 mG in existing.
For even more info: Radiation effects on our Children