What are the recommendations for pregnant women?
- Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body (e.g. in a pocket or bra).
- Avoid holding any wireless device against your body when in use.
- Use your cell phone on speaker setting or with an “air tube” headset.
- Avoid using your wireless device in cars, trains, or elevators.
- Avoid cordless phones, especially where you sleep.
- Whenever possible, connect to the internet with wired cables.
- When using Wi-Fi, connect only to download, then disconnect and disable Wi-Fi.
- Avoid prolonged or direct exposure to Wi-Fi routers.
- Unplug your home Wi-Fi router when not in use (e.g. at bedtime).
- Sleep as far away from wireless utility meters (i.e. “smart” meters) as possible.
WHY Limit cell use during pregnancy? Meet OB Dr. Taylor